Your skipper, Captain Harry Rivera, is a native of Puerto Rico with more than 25 years of local Kauai fishing knowledge and experience. Captain Harry is also well known and respected by his fellow Hawaii fishing guides and Captains. In addition, Captain Harry is a member of the U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary. Harry helped build C-Lure Charters around a philosophy of honesty and integrity and now is working hard to take Captain Trips Sportfishing (formerly C-Lure Charters) to the next level.
For years Captain Harry’s passion for fishing has earned him a fine reputation and repeat business. His customers keep coming back each year which says everything about the great time they had fishing with Captain Harry. His sportfishing philosophy is “Fishing is a very spiritual experience. You need to tune into your surroundings … the ocean, to help find fish.” He asks his customers to be humble and patient. “Good Vibes” are important to help find and catch fish.
Here are some facts about Captain Rivera:
- He Started fishing in Puerto Rico where he grew up.
- 1991 Moved to Kauai
- 1991-2001, Captained his own boat a Force 21
- 2001-2002, Worked the Konani Star, a 55 ft. Delta
- 2001- 2002, Worked the Happy Hunter a 41 ft. Pacifica.
- 2003-2006, Captained the Wild Bill a 32 ft. Jersey Fisher.
- 2006-Present,.Captain of the Mele Kai a 41 ft. Noosa Cat